National Nurses United, the nation’s largest nurses’ union and professional association, seeks an experienced Political Organizer. NNU leads the Registered Nurse movement to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system that addresses patient needs and to transform our society to address human needs. NNU has negotiated the best Registered Nurse collective bargaining contracts in the nation and is a key leader in various economic and social justice movements, including the Robin Hood Tax Campaign and the campaign for single-payer, Medicare-for-All health care.
Under the general guidance of the Political Director, the Political Organizer plans and assists in Union activities and achievement of Union objectives by means of governmental advocacy, grassroots education, community organizing and organizing member involvement. The office is in Silver Spring, MD. Participates in the evaluation and planning of the Union’s legislative and political action programs. Extensive experience with lobbying, member involvement, organizing, political action and legislative advocacy required.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in the movement for social/economic justice
- Demonstrated ability to organize and execute grassroots campaigns
- Highly developed communications skills
- Ability to build relationships with potential allies and empower volunteers
- Ability to travel extensively and valid driver’s license
- Bachelor of Arts
- 5+ years of successful experience in union or other social justice advocacy
- Demonstrated written and analytical skills
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of governmental relations and related issues
- Experience in a public role as a social advocate
- Demonstrated familiarity with healthcare justice and other issues affecting working women and men
Salary and Benefits: Excellent salary depending on experience, and outstanding benefits offered, including comprehensive family health & dental plan, domestic partner coverage, and generous pension.
In your cover letter please describe your favorite experience organizing for economic justice and/or social justice.
Please apply by submitting application, resume and cover letter here. (PCRecruiter login required)
For additional information, please contact us at email@example.com
CNA/NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, pension and 401(k).
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.